A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Working toward goals...

It was inevitable, I suppose. I spent yesterday evening writing up a javascript to display my yearly goals (along with color-coded completion percentages) in my blog sidebar. I'm quite proud of it, although I may do some tinkering and set it up so others can use a base script to track their own goals...

I got to Curves today for the first time in nearly two weeks - I'm such a slug sometimes. Got my monthly weigh/measure done - I didn't gain any weight over the holidays, so I get a t-shirt courtesy of a promotion my curves was doing. However, I didn't lose any weight either. And now I know what my body fat percentage is, so I know how far I have to go to get under that 30% goal for the year. Let's just say it works out that every 0.1% fat is 4% of my goal....the math is left as an exercise for the reader. Ideally I'd like to get down to about 22%, but unless I end up getting seriously ill, I'm not expecting that to happen this year.

In good news, though, getting to Curves is going to be a little easier....this week some friends of ours, whose daughter is in the same class as my DD, arranged a carpool with us. That'll help DH and I out a lot.

So far, the year is off to a good start. Although I was really hoping Virginia Tech would win the Sugar Bowl last night so the ACC could tie for the Bowl Challenge Cup.

Speaking of which, I'm going to watch the Orange Bowl tonight. And stitch!

One quick addendum
Upon further reflection on yesterday's survey, I did discover a song that reminds me of 2004....the Scorpions' "Rock You Like A Hurricane". For obvious reasons.

No comments: