A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Stitch In Time (Autumn 2004)

It's been about six months since I last posted a Stitch in Time - the current state of my stitching. Since then, I've started and finished Paw Printings Amethyst Elegance, a small Mill Hill ornament kit I picked up in Ottawa, and stitched about 10 hours on Fortunate Traveler and 20 on Last Supper. Since DH has been interested in my finishing Last Supper, that's going to be my BAP for a while, and Traveler will hibernate.

I picked up Floral Swirls last night during football - I'd taken a Benadryl to reduce the swelling from the fire-ant bite, and didn't want to fall asleep with my lap stand on the bed. I didn't do more than a few stitches, but I did thread a lot of needles. I'll probably finish it this time - I've probably got 10, maybe 15, hours left on it. DD likes it, so she'll probably end up with the finished pillow. I'll just be glad to be done with it.

I have some nice colors chosen for TW Futurecast, so I may switch a couple of the slots around and get a quick finish in before the end of the year.

My rotation (roughly 10-hour slots):
SlotCurrentOn Deck
BAPLast Supper - Leisure ArtsFortunate Traveler (WIP) - Teresa Wentzler
EmbroideryFloral Swirls - CandamarJacobean Rose (goldwork) - Needle Needs
Blackwork -- finish --Celtic Cross - Wessex Collection
Medium -- new slot -- --TBD--
Small -- new slot -- Futurecast - Teresa Wentzler
Counted-thread
Technique
-- finish -- Assisi Bellpull - Mary Hickmott


That's it in a nutshell. With Amethyst and the ornament, that's two finishes on the year. Not terribly productive, but not unproductive either. Maybe I should do more small projects!

No comments: