A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, October 08, 2004

A quiet weekend for once

So it's Friday afternoon, and there are no tropical storms. At least none projected to come anywhere near me.

The fence has been moved. And I did the handoff of the parish website today.

So other than laundry and finances, I'm actually looking at a nice, quiet weekend. (I just hope I haven't jinxed myself now...) Time to relax, stitch, enjoy a few cups of tea...

Celestial Seasonings has a few new teas out, and I've tried a couple. I've had the mini-reviews lurking around a while, and now is a good a time as any to post them.

Blueberry Breeze Green Tea
This flavored green tea was quite enjoyable. The blueberry taste balances out the usual 'sharpness' that green tea has, without being too overtly 'fruity'. Green tea supposedly has many health benefits - between this and Raspberry Gardens green tea, getting one's cup in is a treat.

Moroccan Pomegranate Red
This red tea is very smooth, and has a refreshing, slightly exotic fruity taste. I love pomegranates, and this is a nice way to get the flavor when pomegranates aren't easily accessible. The Madagascar Vanilla Red is also very good.
Red tea is made from the African rooibos plant, and is naturally decaffeinated.

No comments: