A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Teenager or alien?

It must be crazy teenager week.

I know, I already hear the murmurs that it's always crazy teenager week, but hear me out. I'll keep it short, I promise. Basically, my teens got into an argument this morning (so what else is new), and DsS punched his sister in the face while she was driving him to his bus stop. This is the second time this week he's struck at her, and it's definitely causing DH and I concern. Now, the two of them have been bickering ever since I've known them, and sometimes there have been shoving matches, but this is a seemingly recent escalation. I had thought our marathon meeting Monday brought out all the issues, but obviously not. Something else is going on that we're not aware of, and I really wish I knew what it is. DsS is a smart kid, gets excellent grades in school (he's in the IB school in the county), but he could easily jeopardize everything he's working toward if he loses his temper at school. Now, he's been fine to us since Monday (and is much of the time, truth be told), but apparently not toward his sister. Maybe there's just an issue with her, but it still concerns me. I don't want him growing up to be an abuser. I don't want him to throw his life away because he won't rein in his temper.

*sigh* This is all giving me a headache and making me sick to my stomach again. I just want things to be back to normal.

I'm not the only one at work having difficulty with teenagers, at least. One of my coworkers was joking that it's the full moon. I'm not sure I buy that, but it sounds good.

So I ended up not getting to stitch last night, though I did at least get to Curves. Tonight I'm going to drop by Curves with DD on the way home from her school. If she's a good girl, that will make life much easier for finding time to exercise.

Calgon, take me away...

No comments: