A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

In the bag...

Whoever invented gift bags is an absolute genius.

I discovered gift bags at a baby shower, and I've been using them ever since. No worrying how to wrap irregularly shaped items, or whether the paper is wide enough. Or where you left that roll of scotch tape... Just get a bag, the gift, some tissue paper and a bow, and you're all set. And the bags are reusable!

I took DD to a birthday party today, and the gift was in a cute little purple bag with a sparkling butterfly. Took all of two minutes for us to wrap the gift this way, and she did most of the work.

I have actually, on at least one occasion, gotten the gift and wrapping for it on the way to a party. By the time I got out of my car, the gift was packaged up as pretty as you please.

Try doing that with wrapping paper!

No comments: