A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Decisions decisions...

Only one week to go until Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent. And I have yet to decide what I'm going to do, either in giving up something, or developing a new habit.

The past two years, I've given up caffeine. The first year I started a week early because I knew I was a horrible caffeine addict, and I certainly got headaches the first few days. Last year I didn't get the headaches for as long. I thought about doing it again this year, but DH wonders why I bother because I always get re-addicted afterward.

One year I gave up swearing - I stumbled the first couple weeks, but even today my language is a LOT cleaner than it was when I first started. Definitely a good thing!

Some ideas have come and been discarded, like giving up junk food, but I don't eat a lot of junk food anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice.

Perhaps giving up caffeine and/or junk food, and developing a new spiritual practice? Maybe. I'll have to think on it.

In the meantime, I'd welcome suggestions.

No comments: