A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Monday miscellany - 12Mar2018

I'm sure I've ranted about the absurdity of Daylight Savings Time in the past, and since I'm hardly in a minority in that respect I will spare my readers another one.

We lost our hedgehog, Wenney, early last week on her 5th birthday. That's a venerable age for a hedgie, and she had been having some health issues common to aged hedgehogs, so it was not a surprise to us. We are petless now for the first time in nearly 5 years, which is taking some adjustment.

What I've been reading... I'm on page 135 in Chesterton's _Father Brown_ collection. It's not a quick read, but it is quite an enjoyable one.

What I've been stitching... I'm still working on the foliage for the shepherd boy panel of Nativity. There wasn't much crafting done this past week.

Fumbling toward fitness... I didn't quite match my Curves attendance from the previous week, but I did make it thrice, which is my actual goal. I am hoping to make it every day this week, though. I did exceed my stated treadmill goal of 7 miles by nearly another mile, for 7.93. I'm hoping to reach 9 this week.
My Lumosity and Duolingo streaks are still going strong, so it was a good fitness week overall.

One Little Victory I donated all of our now-vacant pet cages to H.A.L.O., our local no-kill shelter, along with other assorted pet supplies. DD adopted her miniature dachshund from them this past summer, and I'm glad that our loss could be their gain.

No comments: