A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday miscellany - 25Jan16

We had another wonderfully chilly weekend here, but without the 2+ feet of snow that my parents and other people further north received. I've never seen it snow where I live now in central Florida, though it did about a year before I moved here. We make up for the lack of snow with tropical storms.

Rather than trumpet my good fortune too loudly, I'll just move on to the business at hand.

What I've been reading... I'm on page 192 of 396 in _Clockwork Lives_ by Kevin J. Anderson, and am enjoying it. Brandon Sanderson's next Mistborn book, _Bands of Mourning_, will drop to my Kindle upon its release tomorrow, but I may not finish _Clockwork Lives_ until the weekend.

What I've been crafting... I finished panel 5 and am 20% finished with panel 6 of my Tunisian crochet afghan. I hope to finish the last panel by next Monday, and hopefully get the whole thing assembled and finished by the end of the Super Bowl.

Fumbling toward fitness... I'm still consistently treadmilling daily, covering 9.31 miles in 181 minutes. I've started using the 'daily' map workout (although not doing the whole distance), which gives me some variation in the incline. At least 20 minutes of that 181 was at 15% incline, which is tiring but a good stretch. I still haven't gotten back to Curves yet, but I hope to do that sometime this week.

One Little Victory... I took the 3 bags of clothes I culled from my closet to the thrift store, and DD took the SAT for the first time this past weekend. Hard to believe she's approaching college....

No comments: