A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

WIPocalypse redux - September update

wip_button1

A little belated, as usual, but at least right now I have an ongoing kitchen remodel to blame. I am definitely looking forward to a new kitchen, although I didn't really enjoy the long hours boxing up 20 years worth of kitchen stuff. I suspect there will be considerable downsizing of said stuff when we repopulate the new kitchen....

Topic of the month: Who is your favourite person to stitch for, or do you prefer to keep your stitching yourself?
I used to stitch (or crochet) for gifts a lot more than I currently do. Mainly, I just don't have the time right now to stitch gifts, but I've also heard too many fellow stitchers become upset when a gift they worked long hours on goes unappreciated. So I suppose it's a bit selfish, but most of my stitching I do because I like the pattern, I look forward to the journey if it has specialty stitches, or both.

I suppose if I have to define a favorite recipient, that would be my family/household.

I have a finish this month!!

Project: Music trio (Here Comes Treble, Alto Gether Now, First Bass)
Designer: Ink Circles
Fabric: 32ct Lugana - Countrystitch "Parchment"
Total hours to date: not tracked
Progress since last update: Finished 10 September 2014!
Notes: I just need to finish it as a bellpull now. I love the music fabric I found for it.

Ink Circles clef series
(Click for larger image)



Project: Stars for a New Millennium
Designer: Tony Minieri
Fabric: 18ct pewter mono canvas
Total hours to date: not tracked
Progress since last update: Finished two more squares and am halfway through #11.
Notes: I'm continuing to focus on this, and I feel like I'm coming down the home stretch. Hopefully I will finish this by next update.

10.5 Stars
(Click for larger image)



The final part of Papillon Creation's "Around the World in 80 Stitches" has been released, so I'll start focusing on that once Stars is finished.

In non-stitching news, life has been busy. I'm at 28 of 30 workouts on the Curves challenge I mentioned last month. I have through Monday the 15th to get two more in. I hope I can make it - it depends on how much of my time will be consumed by the kitchen remodel.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Love your finish and Stars is gorgeous! Good luck with the kitchen.

Brenda A said...

Oh love the Music trio! It's been on my wish list for awhile. I played a variety of instruments through high school & college so this would be so cool to make... someday! :)

CathieJ said...

Your stitching is very pretty. I love the variegated blues in the borders.

DraxZaster said...

I rarely keep things for myself. I make a lot of items for my girlfriend and my daugher, but I also make things for my boss, who seems to like the things I am making for other people or just stitching because I like the pattern, so she winds up with them. I have made at least one pattern more than once so she can have one.

Suz said...

Gorgeous work!

And big congrats on the finish!