A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

PostWIPocalyptica - March update


I'm late, I'm late, withanother WIPocalypse update.

First up is Marbek Nativity. I've been focusing primarily on this, but have only managed 12 hours in the past month.
I did finish that last sheep, and here is the bottom in its entirety (147 hours):
Marbek Nativity at 147 hours
(Click for larger image)

...and started on the upper part, continuing the beams of starlight:
Marbek Nativity (top) at 154 hours
(Click for larger image)


By next session, I hope to have filled in more starlight and made at least some progress on the angels.

I did finally start part 3 of Papillon's "Around the World in 80 Stitches:
Around the World in 80 Stitches, part 3
(Click for larger image)


Unfortunately, a start is really all I've managed on it. I hope to finish part 3 this month.

I finished the lace knit scarf. This is a simple lace pattern (Simple Elegance Lace Scarf by Bad Cat Designs) in "Gunsmoke" Brown Sheep Wildfoote wool.
Simple Elegance lace scarf
(Click for larger image)


I have yet to block it, but I hope to do so this month.

No progress on Convent Herbal Garden or Stars for a New Millennium this time.


In other (non-craft) projects, I'm up to 317 consecutive treadmill days. The streak is still going strong, mainly because I'm still going slow enough that reading while walking is a viable option.

No comments: