A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wiiiiiiiiii!

As mentioned previously, we got a Wii for Christmas. We also got a Wii Fit Plus - game+balance board. DH, DD and I have all been using the Wii Fit Plus regularly - I'm at 28 consecutive days working out (30-40 minutes a session). DH has already lost 7 pounds over the past month. It's fun and it's convenient, which makes it an easy exercise program to stick with.

We each have our strengths and weaknesses on the games - DH rocks at the Snowball Fight, Ski Jump, Soccer Heading, and Tightrope - all of which I'm pretty horrible at. DD's best game is Obstacle Course. My best games are Big Top Juggling and Rhythm Parade, and I do quite well at half of the yoga poses. The other half...well, I have trouble balancing steadily on one leg for any length of time. But I'm working on it.

Besides the Wii, I've been continuing to stitch, and may have a finish shortly. _Madonna of the Garden_ is at 141 hours, and I only have border and beading remaining.

No comments: