A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Revisiting the iPod shuffle

About a week ago, I posted lyrics meme, and my sharp-eyed (eared?) readers correctly guessed 80% of them.

That still leaves six, reprinted here:
9. I turn my back to the wind to catch my breath before I start off again
10. Ignore reality there's nothing you can do about it
18. Well come gather all around me, there is something you should know
23. You don't remember me but I remember you (Karen guessed "Tears on My Pillow" which *does* have this same first line but isn't the song. Guess I need to add the second line: "I lie awake and try so hard not to think of you")
26. Dark in the city, night is a wire, steam in the subway, earth is a fire - Duran Duran, "Hungry Like the Wolf" (Karen)
27. And she was lying in grass and she could hear the highway breathing - Talking Heads, "And She Was" (also Karen)

And just a couple more to keep it interesting..

31. It ain't the way you move, it ain't the way that you move me, oh no
32. Well I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday - Meat Loaf, "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" (Karen)
33. Don't cry to me - if you loved me you would be here with me - Evanescence, "Call Me When You're Sober" (Karen)
34. I used to be such a sweet sweet thing til they got ahold of me - Alice Cooper, "No More Mr. Nice Guy" (The Duke)
35. Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me - Smashmouth, "All Star" (Lisa)
36. Must it take a life for hateful eyes to glisten once again? - Flogging Molly, "Drunken Lullabies" (Arsena)
37. I never really knew that she could dance like this - Shakira, "Hips Don't Lie" (DD)
38. Let me take you to the movie, can i take you to the show? - Led Zeppelin, "Houses of the Holy" (Karen)
39. Oh. My. God. Becky, just look at ... - Sir Mix-a-lot, "Baby Got Back" (The Duke)
40. Well I'm ever upper class high society - AC/DC, "Big Balls" (The Duke)

(And yes, these are all on my iPod. I did have to skip a few songs this go to avoid songs already guessed...the randomize feature isn't as random as I would like sometimes.)

No comments: