A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, March 17, 2008

To hell and back...

Last night I finished reading Dante's _Inferno_ (from a quite nice translation by Anthony Esolen). Quite an interesting read - Dante certainly had quite a way with imagery! I want to read through the notes in the appendices before I move on to _Purgatory_. I had initially hoped to finish the entire Divine Comedy during Lent, but to breeze through the other two books in the next few days is (1) impossible given the amount of other things that I need to do, (2) an injustice for such a poetic work. I do think I'll want to reread them all after I've read them and read the appendices. Maybe not necessarily this year, though.

Having finished _Inferno_, I was reminded of the Dante's Inferno Test meme that was going around a few years ago, and decided to retake it.

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Extreme
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Moderate
Level 2 (Lustful)Low
Level 3 (Gluttonous)High
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Low
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Low
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Low

Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test

I also found, on the same site, a Seven Deadly Sins quiz:
Greed:Low
 
Gluttony:Low
 
Wrath:Very Low
 
Sloth:Medium
 
Envy:Very Low
 
Lust:Very Low
 
Pride:Medium
 


The Seven Deadly Sins Quiz on 4degreez.com

DH disagrees with the Slothful, since I'm the one who's usually up and about doing all the domestic stuff what needs doing. So the test certainly must be taken with a grain of salt!

No comments: