A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms, stepmoms, adoptive moms, and matriarchs of all types out there!

My Mother's Day started out when DD brought me breakfast in bed - a bowl of blackberry yogurt and a glass of milk. Very thoughtful of her...and quite impressive - DD broke her arm last Tuesday (about half an hour after my last blog entry!) so she put it together literally singlehandedly.

My 8-month-old grandson gave me a bouquet of three roses at church today, and DsD gave me a CD, and she and her DBF took us out to lunch at Outback. Yum! They were going to take me to my favorite Irish place, but I had just gone there last night for an early Mother's Day dinner (and a couple of pints!). Yesterday DsS gave me a book and CD, and DH gave me a lovely little potted herb garden. So it's been a very good Mother's Day.

On a different note, I realize I have been tagged for the "8 Random Things" meme. I'll have to think of 8 random things, and post it for my next entry.

No comments: