A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Figure Eight?

8 Random Things - The Rules
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


As usual, I'm late to the meme party, so I'm going to skip tagging others. If you wish to play along, consider yourself tagged.

I'm going to use my blog description above as a rough guide, so here go my 8 Random Things:
  1. I didn't decide on a Computer Science major until the summer before college, but once I chose, I never changed majors.
  2. DH and I got engaged the first time we saw each other in person - at what is now Reagan National Airport when he had a layover on a business trip.
  3. When I was pregnant with DD, DH said he thought she might look like Pat Tallman (Lyta Alexander on Babylon 5) when she grows up. And she very well might!
  4. I've been cross-stitching since I was about 8, and I love to learn new counted-thread techniques. My embroidery skills, however, are rather pitiful.
  5. My maternal grandmother was as much of a book junkie as I am (perhaps that's where I get it from, as well as the red hair). However, she would buy Harlequin romances by the box at yard sales, and I categorically avoid romance novels altogether.
  6. I've been doing role-playing games since high school, and have been involved in some form of pencil-and-paper RPG almost continuously for nearly 20 years. However, I do *not* do MMORPGs.
  7. I taught myself to play piano when I was 15. I can read music, but not quickly enough to be considered sightreading.
  8. I didn't "discover" hockey until my mid-20s, but now it's one of my favorite sports to watch.

That should be eight. Now if you'll excuse me, the Sens-Sabres game is about to come on.

No comments: