A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Potpourri

My apologies for the silence. As usual, life has been busy but for the most part not very noteworthy. For the bits that are noteworthy:
  • DD's big day is this weekend! She's very excited about it.
  • Yesterday I got the newly released The Children of Húrin by JRR Tolkien. I'm quite enjoying it so far - it has somewhat of an epic tone (I can *hear* the tale being told in a great hall in a bardic voice), but is rather easier to read than The Silmarillion.
  • Our family summer outing has been set - in mid-June we're going to go see Rush in concert!
  • Two of my PIFs have arrived at their intended destinations:
    Michelle's PIF
    Natty's PIF
    The little sun went to Michelle, and was the first of my PIF designs. The pink daffodils went to Natty. I had the bright idea of doing mini-biscornus, and I think they turned out pretty neat. I haven't decided yet whether I'll release the designs for these or not. I might, because I'm pretty proud of them.
  • No comments: