A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Set up like a rack of bowling pins...

Today is my birthday, and for dinner we went to my favorite Irish pub for good food, good music, and a few pints. That was my goal, anyway.

I got that, and a bit more! Not long after we were seated, DD borrowed some money from DH to tip the musician. When she came back, she was absolutely insistent that I come with her. Somehow, she'd told the musician it was my birthday, and I got called out to join him onstage, requested to down my fresh pint of Smithwicks (like Guinness in color, but an ale instead of a porter) while he sang "Happy Birthday" to me. In front of the entire pub.

I was rather embarrassed, but I have to admit I enjoyed it. And I did indeed manage to down my pint before the musician had finished, much to my surprise and to the loud approval of the audience. And I got a pint of Guinness on the house, which was much enjoyed.

All told I had three pints (one each of hard cider, Smithwicks and Guinness). And I'm still awake to blog!

I'm glad tomorrow is Saturday. We're in the middle of a 'cold snap' (at least in Floridian terms) - there's actually a freeze warning for tonight! Good sleeping-in weather.

Which is good, because I need to sleep off my pints!

No comments: