A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Bodice ripper!

No, this isn't about romance novels...I've already blogged about my thoughts on them.

Rather, it's a description of how I spent much of my evening. In previous entries I alluded to a hunter-green dress I'm making for an upcoming formal. I finished everything but the zipper Saturday night, but I wasn't happy with the seam attaching the bodice to the skirt. So today I painstakingly undid that seam and resewed it. By contrast, I got the zipper right on the first attempt.

So...here 'tis.
hunter green dress
I still have to make the jacket, and I will get pictures once I'm all dolled up. (I'm not going to the formal with the stoner look I have in this pic, that's for sure!)

I'm trying to decide if I want to get my hair and nails done like I did last year...

No comments: