A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Off the hook, so to speak...

Today was my stepdaughter's baby shower, and now that I'm back I can finally show off the baby gift I made for my impending grandson.

Click for larger image


The pattern is from the Leisure Arts Our Best Baby Afghans book, and the yarns I used were a generic aqua I've had for a long time, and Wintuk "Summer Breeze" Ombre. I think it turned out pretty well, and DsD seemed to really like it.

I actually finished this almost two weeks ago, but couldn't show it off yet because DsD occasionally reads my blog and I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

It also certainly kept my fingers nimble, switching between the size K crochet hook I used for this, and the #8 steel hook I'm using for DD's veil!

No comments: