A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Life in miniature...

Well, it took me two days instead of one, but Hansel and Gretel are done.
Before:
Hansel and Gretel, before painting

After:
Hansel and Gretel, after painting

I think I did pretty well. DH thinks these are among my best. I did intend for these two to be as different as night and day, and I think I succeeded. I did add a touch of color to Gretel's crossbow (which I'm pretty proud of!) just so she wasn't completely dark.

To be honest, while I was pretty happy with Hansel all along, I wasn't so sure about Gretel while I was working on her. Now, I think she turned out okay. Actually, while I didn't intend so, she reminds me of Aeryn Sun from Farscape.

DD and I also painted her character, a pixie:
Pixie
I did the detailing on the wings, but she did most of it, and she did the hair and dress. I was pretty impressed at how little touchup I needed to do afterward.

DsS had his go as well on his two characters, a swashbuckler and a mage:
Studley Roger, and Everard

All in all, a productive weekend on the miniature front!

No comments: