A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Duct tape and WD-40

There is a saying that you only need two tools: duct tape and WD-40. If it moves, and shouldn't, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move, and should - use the WD-40.

Today's foray concerns the latter. I decided that since the gold ION is now mine and not DsD's, that it was time to remove her parking permits from the car. Unfortunately, simple peeling didn't work. I googled up "Removing bumper stickers", and true to form, step 1 was "apply WD-40".

So I did. So with WD-40, a butter knife, and a willing firstgrader, I made some (albeit very slow) progress.

Eventually I got the bright idea of using the edge of the license plate I took off my dearly departed wagon to scrape the sticker off, since I couldn't find a putty scraper. Somehow I don't think that's a DMV-approved usage of motor vehicle tags, but it worked.

An old license plate, enough WD-40 to nigh on get me high, and the ION is now truly *mine*!

As for the other standard tool, a creative procrastinator clued me into duct tape roses. I think I may need to try one. Duct tape flipflops look pretty neat too.

And if I mess up, I still have some WD-40!

No comments: