A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Small indulgences...

I may be uncomfortable with spoiling myself on a large scale, but I think I have small indulgences down pat! Since today's my birthday, I treated myself at lunch to:
- Cup of French Onion soup from Jason's Deli
- Small "Sweet Cream" ice cream with raspberries (yum!) mixed in from Marble Slab.
Marble Slab does have a dark chocolate ice cream, and I usually get that with raspberries in, but thought I'd branch out a bit today. Besides, I'll get my chocolate fix tonight when I go to Melting Pot with my family. For those that have never been, Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant. DH and I went there for our 15th anniversary a couple months ago, and enjoyed it. While there, we got a coupon for a free chocolate fondue, and since it expires in about a month, I figured tonight would be a good time to use it. I'd never had fondue before, and I thought it was really cool. Hopefully my kids will think so too.

Thank you to all of you who commented in my Johari window - I've been pleasantly surprised by how you view me. I've also noticed a few other folks doing Johari windows as well, and I've been returning the favor. It's also interesting to see how people view themselves! I decided to take a risk and do the flip-side Nohari as well, with the negative traits. This was harder for me to do. Not because I don't think I have faults, but because the ones I'm most keenly aware of weren't listed!

No comments: