A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Wet Wilma

So the quoted rainfall total for yesterday was 5" at my location. That's rather a lot to get in a 12-hour span, certainly. But my pool has been drained down and is no longer green (although it is still a tad murky from washed-in debris), and my pool deck is dry now. So the water has at least gone somewhere *else*.

Funny thing is, now they're saying we're at a higher risk of brush fires, because the cold front that has moved in has dried out the vegetation. Um, okay, if they say so.

It was in the low 50's when I left for work this morning, and hasn't gotten higher than 60 all day. I'm enjoying the brisk air. Many folks down here, however, are not. I just went to the grocery store, and I kid you not, I saw several people with winter jackets and hats!

Nesh.

No comments: