A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Looking back...

I've seen this on several blogs today, and I'll play along.

Rules:
1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.


From May 3, 2004:
And Thursday night I got to have a couple pints at my favorite Irish pub.

Ah, hard cider - one of life's little joys, and my desired celebratory tradition. The entry itself was nothing special, mainly a weekend recap.

A year ago today, I was lamenting the return of Autumn on the calendar without any visible signs of it here in Florida, and in retrospect was only hours from learning that Hurricane Jeanne was headed right for us.

Now, there's Hurricane Rita, who makes Jeanne look like the 95-lb weakling. We're out of harm's way, having gotten nothing from her but 4 inches of rain yesterday, but I'm praying for friends and family in Texas.

Unfortunately I think I can now file this season under Never Challenge "Worse".

No comments: