A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Return To Flight

After a long two years, the space shuttle is flying again! Discovery lifted off at 10:39 today, and my whole office turned out to watch. We're some distance away from the Cape but it was still a nice view. Space is a big deal here - they don't call us the Space Coast for nothing.

Today was a beautiful day for the launch, and it went off without a hitch. I did manage to capture a video from my office lot. I will caveat that it's a bit shaky, and my digicam didn't telescope in all that well, but it's still pretty neat. (The ZIP file is 3.9MB, the unzipped MPG is 11.8MB.)

Godspeed, Discovery!

No comments: