A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Return of Murphy

Summer has arrived, by holiday reckoning if not by actual solar track. And with it, Murphy once again begins its annual thumbing of its proverbial nose at me.

Yesterday, after delaying several days in hopes of rain, I decided to go ahead and add water to my pool, since the level was several inches below the tile. I added enough water to cover up the bottom of two levels of tile.

And like a joke told far too often, I'm sure you see where this is going....

Sure enough, I awoke this morning to the sound of heavy rain. And it proceeded to rain most of the morning. My pool is rather close to overflowing again. And it's supposed to rain heavily again tomorrow. (Funnily enough, at 6pm EDT it's sunny here...)

We've been planning a trip to Islands of Adventure for tomorrow for several weeks now. Despite the rain forecast, we're going to go anyway (there's always a decent chance of rain in Florida during the summer). I've gotten rain ponchos, umbrellas, and such ready to face the elements.

Doubtless Murphy will be laughing as the sun beats down on us....

No comments: