A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Alternate careers?

I've been tagged! Thanks, Shannon and Nicole...I think! My apologies for being slow to pass it on - my cablemodem was being decidedly stubborn this weekend.


Pick five things from the following list, and then complete the sentence, and then go on and tag another 3 people.
The List

If I could be a scientist . . .
If I could be a farmer . . .
If I could be a musician . . .
If I could be a doctor . . .
If I could be a painter . . .
If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .
If I could be a librarian . . .
If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .
If I could be an astronaut . . .
If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure . .


Decisions, decisions...just for the sake of daydreaming, I'm also assuming I'd have unlimited capital...

If I could be a gardener... I'd have a walled-in garden for a private retreat, with a rainbow of roses along the walls, violets scattered in the grass near the roses, and a circular garden of herbs with stepping stones leading to a small bench in the center. I'd have a few azaleas and flowering trees such as dogwoods and lilacs to provide shade as needed. And I'd have a small spring or fountain somewhere.
If I could be an architect... I'd get myself the ruins of a small castle in Wales, and restore it. Refitting it for modern conveniences like electricity and indoor plumbing, of course, but otherwise trying to maintain as much of the original feel as possible.
If I could be a linguist... I'd learn all of the Celtic languages, even the lesser-known ones, and try to learn as much of the associated cultural heritage as I can. And if I have time I'd also want to learn as many European languages as possible.
If I could be a writer... I'd want to be commissioned to write travel guides/journals for the UK and continental Europe. Then I could get paid to travel and see all the castles and cathedrals I want!
If I could be a librarian... I'd have a small private library full of good books, comfy chairs, and a small table with tea and coffee service.

Now for the hard part - finding three people who haven't already been tagged! Let's see...how about Tammy, Haze, and Cathy. And I'll add my DH for good measure - even after 15 years I'm sure I can learn something new!

No comments: