A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Twas the day before Christmas...

I have at last finished the final two ornaments I'm making, for our priests. I'm pleased with the way they turned out. I must admit, though, that I'll be glad to work on Last Supper again - all the over-1 for the ornaments was a bit of an eyestrain! But here they are:

Ornament 1: "Celtic Triple Braid and Holly" - Moss Creek Designs (JCS 2001 Christmas issue)
Ornament 2: "Peace Tree" - M Designs (JCS 2004 Christmas issue)

This was also my first attempt at cording, for the hangers. Kreinik #4 braid probably wasn't the wisest fiber for a first attempt, but I think they turned out okay.


So the visible areas of the house are clean, including the computer room. All the presents are bought and wrapped. The goose is thawing, and all the other parts of Christmas dinner have been bought. DsD made a Bailey's Cheesecake (Thanks to Kristen for the recipe!) for dessert tomorrow. DD's stocking is hung by the garage with care (we don't have a fireplace). We're about to head out to a social for a few hours, then back home for a bit, then to church for music (at which DH is singing!) and Midnight Mass.

Thanks to some fellow stitchers, I have some Wine Gums and Smarties to put in DD's stocking. She's become quite the Wine Gum fiend!

To all of my readers, may you have a wonderful Christmas, and if you celebrate something other than Christmas, may you have a happy holiday!

No comments: