A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, November 15, 2004

An Incredible weekend...

This weekend my family and I went to see The Incredibles, the latest offering from Pixar. So far, I have liked all of Pixar's offerings, and I am always astounded and pleased with advances in computer animation.

The Incredibles follows the story of a pair of superheroes, forced to go underground in a sort of witness protection program by a spate of lawsuits against superheroes in general. The superheroes, a married couple, have lived their lives in forced anonymity while raising a trio of children, two of whom also have superpowers that they are forced to hide. When one of the parents receives an offer that will enable him to exercise his superheroism on the side of good, all heck breaks loose.

It would be cliché, but very true, to say that The Incredibles is, simply, incredible. It was a very well-done, action-packed, enjoyable family film. Attending from my party were two thirtysomethings (DH and I), two older teens (DsD and her BF), and a kindergartner (DD), and all of us quite enjoyed it.

If you haven't seen it yet...do so. You won't regret it.


So anyway, that was the high point of my weekend. I also got a fair bit of stitching in, and might even finish Futurecast this week! After that, I'll be working on Last Supper, which I hope to finish by Easter. Apt, no? I might fit in a few small pieces to get in the occasional quick fix - we'll see.

It's been almost two weeks since I last did weekly goals:
Last two weeks:
  • Curves 3x - done for both weeks
  • Clean out purse - ...not yet...
  • Website updates - done!
  • Balance checkbook - done!

    This week:
  • Curves 3x
  • Clean out purse
  • Finish Futurecast
  • Start going through and weeding out clothes

    My stepson's currently-vacant bedroom has become a holding area for donation items, including clothing and other items. Hopefully over Thanksgiving or such we'll get that catalogued and out the door!
  • No comments: