A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Almost human again.

Good news - I'm feeling almost human again! I've been stricken with this cold, or whatever it is I have, longer than I have been in quite a while, and it's a bit frustrating being afflicted with intermittent energy drains. At least I'm not really congested anymore - I still have a bit of a cough, and my energy level is maybe 60%, but I'm on the mend.

Yesterday evening was a good Halloween. DsD carved the Great Pumpkin, and I commented that it looked like a member of KISS, so DsD's BF took a strip of pumpkin flesh and attached it to the mouth. We then took "Gene" outside to greet trick-or-treaters, and it got a number of positive comments. While DsD and BF took DD out trick-or-treating, I stayed home and handed out candy. We had 92 kids come by - a new high for us. The treaters came by comparatively early this year - we had our first ones come by around 5:30, and by 8pm the streets were empty. Normally kids are out until around 9 - maybe being on a weekend, everyone could get an earlier start. We turned our lights off at 8:15, and proceeded to dissect "Gene" for cooking. We have probably a good 10lb or so of cut-up pumpkin now. If you know of any pumpkin recipes (besides pie), feel free to pass them along!

Tonight when I got home I had a very nice surprise waiting for me - a package from my Secret Stitcher! I got some cool stationery, some green tea lotion and bath gel, a homemade soap, #26 Piecemaker needles, a fat quarter of Dyeing4U "Antiquity" 28ct Jazlyn (very pretty - a nice medieval parchment look), and a packet of floss and specialty fibers cryptically labeled "Part 1". She also sent DD a pretty purple pen, and DD appropriated some of the lovely stationery to go with it (thief! Baggins!) I feel quite spoiled!

Midnight, if you read this, thank you!

No comments: