A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, October 25, 2004

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Friday afternoon I took DD to the pumpkin patch, and she picked the *biggest* pumpkin there - a 25lb behemoth (pic 1 pic 2). Well, maybe not quite large enough for Peter PumpkinEater's lovenest, but it is still rather large.
We also got a more normal-sized pumpkin that DsD has since carved, and a small one for pumpkin pie.

Call me a heretic, but I don't really care for pumpkin pie. Or at least not the storebought kind, or even the kind you make with canned pumpkin. (My favorite holiday pie is mince pie...which most people don't like.) But I like cooked pumpkin - go figure!
With last year's Halloween pumpkin, I made homemade pumpkin pie. And I liked it - I was pleasantly surprised. Homemade pumpkin pie tastes far better than canned pumpkin pie. This year I found a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake, and I think I'll give that a try. I do have a weakness for cheesecake!

Saturday one of our gaming buddies brought over another Risk variant - Risk 2210. It was rather enjoyable, though you may as well throw your normal Risk strategies out the window - the event cards can really play havoc with it! I had a blast - literally! I'd played an Armageddon event card, which kicked off a whole slew of Nuclear event cards. Very cathartic! I think this is another Risk variant I may need to pick up.

I'm still trying to figure out what to be for Halloween when I take DD out trick-or-treating. DD is going to be a cat. Right now my top idea...is being a scratching post!

No comments: