A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Entropy: a case study

For some people, their car is their baby. Washed, waxed, immaculately detailed inside. Ads on television show busy parents shuttling around soccer teams, groceries, and camping gear in spotlessly kept vehicles. Even the mud-spattered SUVs and pickups are tidy inside.

And then there's me. For me, the sole purpose of a car is to get from Point A to Point B in safety and relative comfort. Which my Saturn wagon does. It has A/C (which not surprisingly comes standard here in Florida), and a CD player. So I have relative comfort *and* don't have to listen to talkative DJs all the time.

However, my car is also a dirt magnet. Somehow it seems to retain a separate rate of entropy from the rest of the universe. Case in point: this weekend I cleaned out my car, removing all the trash and restoring items to the house. And yet, somehow, my car is messy again, and it's only Tuesday.

Speaking of Tuesday, I was remiss yesterday in posting my weekly goals.

Last week
  • Get to Curves 3x - Done!
  • Clean computer room - Uh...no.
  • Finish school website updates - Mostly. Critical updates done.

    This week
    I think I'm just going to forego domestic goals for now. Those may need to wait until the holiday.
  • Get to Curves 3x
  • Clean out purse
  • Finish school and church web updates

    I probably won't be doing much of those tonight - I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Hopefully I'll feel more productive tomorrow.
  • No comments: