A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Working for the weekend..

Tomorrow is one of my off-Fridays, so I have a 3-day weekend. And none too soon - I need this weekend like you wouldn't believe. Between travel, houseguests, and the daily grind, I am in sore need of relaxation. You can bet good money I'll be sleeping in a bit tomorrow! Especially since this will be my last off-Friday where I can sleep in until October. Both girls start back to school on Tuesday, and obviously I can't sleep in when I need to drive DD to school.

So this should be a relatively low-key weekend. I need to take my car to the shop tomorrow afternoon, but other than that, my only plans are gaming, reading, and stitching. Oh, and the normal run of household chores like laundry and bills, but that's typical.

I'll close the week with last week's Friday Five.


1) Of everything in your wardrobe what do you feel the most comfortable wearing? Why?
Well, there's comfortable as in physical comfort, and comfortable as in most at ease. I'm most at ease wearing t-shirt or top and jeans. For physical comfort, I like long, loose flowing dresses - they're not constricting, and are more forgiving of body flaws than tight clothing.

2) How would you describe your style?
Style? Me? *laugh* If I have to name names, it's probably a heavy dose of "engineer casual" with occasional veins of "flower child".

3) How many pairs of shoes do you own and do you wear them all?
Hm....probably 7 or 8, most of them black. As for wearing them all, I only have two feet so I only wear one pair at a time! Seriously, though, there are probably about 3 pairs that see regular rotation, two others for dressier occasions, and several others that I haven't yet gotten rid of for whatever reason.

4) Where do you buy most of your clothes?
Target or Walmart. Department stores are too expensive, and are usually located in malls (*shudder*)

5) What was the last piece of clothing you bought?
I got myself a nice light purple dress in Ottawa - very nice find, only cost me about $15 USD.


No comments: