A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Back to school special

And another summer break draws to a close - both my girls start back to school tomorrow. DsD is a senior this year...where did the time go? She's also going to be taking a couple of classes at the local community college. Dual enrollment seems to be fairly common nowadays - back when I was in school *mumble* years ago, it was a very rare occurrence.

DD will be starting kindergarten. She had registration on Thursday, so she's met her teacher - a witty little Irish nun in her 60's. DD has also discovered that her very best friend has the same teacher, which makes her doubly happy.

The girls just walked in the door while I'm typing this, having made one last summer foray to the beach. DD has a bit of a sunburn now - not the best way to start the school year.

This weekend was relatively relaxing - apart from normal chores, I got to read a fair bit, stitch a little, and played both LotRisk and our weekly RPG. Ahhh, life is good!

This week I need to get some web updates finished for my parish website, before my priest gets back from Ireland. Hopefully he'll be pleased with the finished result.

Meanwhile, it's back to life as I know it.

No comments: