A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Good start to the week

Leading off the week with some good news - I finished Amethyst Elegance yesterday. I used 28ct Lavender Bliss lugana, and instead of white floss/perle I used DMC 3743. And given the name, it was only appropriate that I used amethysts on it - light amethyst 2mm rounds. I'm rather pleased with the result. I just dropped it off at the framer, and I should have it back by Wednesday evening. I love my framer, and she's the only reason I willingly set foot in the maul, er, mall. She does a wonderful job, and being a needleworker herself, I know she'll take good care of my pieces. But without further ado, here it is!

Amethyst Elegance © Paw Prints Cross Stitch


The weekend was pretty tame - gaming on Saturday, some stitching on Sunday. DD claimed Amethyst for her room within 5 minutes of me finishing it.

It could be an interesting long weekend coming up. Hurricane Frances is already a category 4 and she's nowhere near land. Most projections I've seen have it coming straight for us, but we'll keep a close eye on her. Unless something dramatically changes, it'll be Saturday before it gets here, and that's plenty of time for changing course.

No comments: