A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, August 13, 2004

The calm before the storm

As of this writing, Charley is now a category 4 hurricane, and is taking a more easterly trek than expected. As a result, my company let everyone out at 3pm, with directions to turn off and cover all computer equipment.

The traffic on the roads is a little heavy, but otherwise it's almost like a ghost town in my neighborhood. I haven't gone by the grocery store - it's probably packed, as are the home improvement stores. Our area is expected to face tropical storm force winds, and more than 4 inches of rain.

We're not worried, though. Keeping an eye on things, as is prudent, but we're prepared.

I spoke to my folks up north last night, and my mom suggested Charley should have been named Clyde, so there'd be the "Bonnie and Clyde" potential. As strong as Charley seems to be, his name may well get retired. Maybe someone will suggest "Clyde" as a replacement.

No comments: