A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, July 16, 2004

The write stuff

Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable. ~Francis Bacon(courtesy of quotegarden.com)


I wonder if that wonderful quote holds true for blogging as well.

Friday Five - 07/16/04
1. What color ink pen do you like best?
Of traditional pen colors, for traditional applications, I prefer black to blue. (And make them micro rollerballs, please.) For personal writing such as the journal I keep for DD, I like a variety of colors but tend toward the cool end of the spectrum. I would be very psyched to find navy or dark purple micro rollerballs.

2. Do you prefer plain paper or paper with lines (notebook paper)?
I prefer narrow (college) ruled notebook paper or pages. Or graph paper, actually. If I could get graph paper for the same price as looseleaf notebook paper, I'd choose the graph paper.

3. What's better: books from the library, or reading online?
Books from the library. Or better yet, books I own. Paperbacks are wonderfully portable, and I like to read while traveling, or in bed, or wherever.

4. Which would you rather get, e-mail or snail mail?
That really depends. I can keep up with correspondence much better with email (thus says the electron junkie!). But snailmail is much better for keepsake value.

5. Do you have a paper weight on your desk?
I have rather a weight of paper on my desk, but no item specifically designed to weigh down paper. If I need to weigh down paper, a stapler or coffee mug will do.

No comments: