A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, July 19, 2004

O Canada...

I got some good news this morning - I'll be going to Ottawa on business next week! I've never been to Canada, but have wanted to go for a while. I'm looking forward to the trip, although I'm not sure how much time I'll have to sightsee or anything. With luck, DH and the girls will be able to join me for a couple days.

The weekend was relatively uneventful. I played a couple games of LotRisk, and read a little while. I also continued my cleaning binge and went through DD's clothes. There's still a lot of work to do, though.

I didn't stitch at all, but I should at least get to the stitcher's QotW since I skipped last week's question.

Stitcher's QotW - Would you consider yourself "addicted to stitching"? Why or why not?

That's really a tough call. In the truest sense of addiction, I would say I'm not addicted. I haven't stitched in about a week, and I'm certainly capable of going long periods of time without stitching. Granted, sometimes I do get cranky when I'm not able to stitch, but that may be more of a 'lack of downtime' as opposed to a 'lack of stitching time' issue. I'm very streaky with my leisure time activities - sometimes I'll stitch for weeks and not read, and sometimes vice versa.

On the other hand, I'd definitely not be thrilled with the idea of never stitching again. Most of the time I like to have my hands busy...and what would become of my lovely stash??

No comments: