A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Well, I'm back.

To borrow a quote from Sam Gamgee. Or anyone else who's ever gone on a journey.

I had a wonderful time in Italy. I'm a little sunburnt, a bit footsore, and somewhat tired, but overall I'm happy. Well, happy about having had the trip - I can't say that I muster quite as much enthusiasm for being back at work.

I'm also pleased to discover that the Lightning are at least holding their own, having tied the series with the Flames Monday night. I'll get to watch at least two hockey games now.

I'm still in the process of getting settled, both at home and at work, so this will be a rather short entry. I do have a travel journal, which I will be posting piecemeal over the next week or two, so watch this space.

Meanwhile, I am still adjusting to having to breathe hot water. At the moment it's 91F and feels like 97F. Bleah...

No comments: