A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, May 14, 2004

The new "normal"

Well, we're certainly not out of the woods yet, but things are slowly reverting to some semblance of 'normal'. I'm thankful DsS is safe, and I hope we can get him the help he needs (whether he wants it or not).

I finally stitched for half an hour last night, for the first time all week, and I watched parts of the hockey games (GO BOLTS!). And since I'm off work today I slept in a little - the stress of the past week is catching up to me.

Did get a little bit of non-family-related good news - I'll get to help with updating my parish website as time permits. I'm psyched, and I want to do a good job on it. I enjoy doing web development.


In the spirit of the 'new normal', I'm finally getting around to this week's Stitcher's Five.

1. Which type of beads do you prefer: Mill Hill, Delica or other brand?
Well, I'm really only familiar with Mill Hill and some of the real cheapo seed beads, so I'll have to say Mill Hill.

2. Why?
They're what I'm familiar with, and they're what most patterns I have that use beads specify.

3. What do you use to stitch beads on with?
Um....a beading needle? . Seriously, I usually use floss in a color that matches either the bead or the stitched area where the bead will be attached.

4. When to bead..as you go or at the end?
At the end. I use scroll rods for pieces big enough to warrant them, and rolling up stitching that also has beads messes up how the beads lie. Beading can be monotonous if you have a lot of them, but is a good candidate for doing while you're watching TV.

5. Do you bead only with cross stitch or do you use them on their own?
I could see myself using beads for other crafts if I did them, but I mostly just stitch to indulge my crafty side.


Well, I have errands to run, so I'm off. And I'm going!

No comments: