A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

words, words, words.....words!

Well, I had a cool idea for today's entry, but I don't know if I have time to write it up for today. Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be able to get to it.

Meanwhile, you, my dear unsuspecting readers, will be inflicted with some of my poetry. I wrote this about 7-8 years ago. Fortunately for you all, I only have a handful of poems around - I burned most of my adolescent poetry when I was 18. I regret it now, because there may have been some gems in there, but what's done is done. And I think the few poems I do have are a bit better. I hope.


Words

It is said that words are magic,
for with them we can paint vibrant pictures
or recall the past to the present
or evoke emotions long-buried
from our innermost souls.

It is said that words have power
to harm or to heal
to create or destroy
and bring about change in the world.

Ah, but what are words but empty air?
What good are they
when i cannot use them
to tell my dreams,
my fears,
my hopes
when i reach for them and find them gone?

No comments: