A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, April 12, 2004

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of chocolate!

As some of you know, I gave up caffeine and chocolate for Lent. The caffeine part wasn't very difficult - I discovered a number of Celestial Seasonings herbal teas, so I didn't miss the coffee. The true sacrifice was the chocolate....so many little things have chocolate - my weekly donut (I love Boston creme, the kind with the custard), cookies, brownies...

Now that Lent is over, I can indulge again. In fact, I was so keen to have chocolate that I had a piece of Dove dark chocolate right after the Easter Vigil. (I know, how truly sad and desperate that must sound!)

Today one of my coworkers brought in chocolate for me. Dove dark chocolate, my favorite domestic chocolate. (It still pales compared to European chocolate, but it will do :) Now, if you've ever had Dove, you know how they have those cheesy little sayings inside the wrapper. The first piece I got today said:

Life without chocolate is too terrible to contemplate.

Yea, verily. Though my all-time favorite remains Who needs therapy when you have chocolate?

No comments: