A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, January 06, 2024

Happy (belated) New Year 2024!

Another belated Happy New Year! Once again, I was on travel over the holidays.
It is, therefore, time for my annual goal update....
    Progress bar goals
  • Read 12,000 pages - Between books and audiobooks, I read over 31,000 pages last year. That was 67 books, including Stephen King's _Dark Tower_ series, all of the Babylon 5 books, Isaac Asimov's Robot series, Martha Wells' Murderbot series, Geddy Lee's memoir _My Effin' Life_, and many others. I'd call it a resounding success
  • Lose 25 pounds - Well....between January and July of last year I lost 18 pounds, but have sadly gained almost all of it back. Abject failure

  • Other goals
  • Finish one large needlework project - I finished Ink Circles "Castle Walls" at the end of October, so success.
  • Finish one medium or small needlework project - This was the year of big project stitching, but I did finish a small - Ink Circles "All Sorts Welcome", a Patreon freebie. A small success.
  • Inventory my crafting supplies - Sadly another year has gone by without my doing so.
  • Complete one yarncrafting project - Not quite, although I am getting near the end on knitting Scheepjes "Book Lovers Wrap".

  • Habits
  • Drink at least 1.5 litre of water a day - I've been hit or miss with this.
  • Continue Duolingo and Lumosity daily exercises - My Duolingo streak has stayed active, but I've missed the occasional day on Lumosity. I need to get that streak going again.
  • Do some form of exercise daily - As of this typing, my daily exercise streak is now at 465.
  • Make sure the dishes are done daily - i've been doing pretty well with this also.
So...obviously there are areas I'm doing well on, and some not so much. So for 2024 goals...
    Progress bar goals
  • Read 20,000 pages - Since I blew away last year's goal, I'll increase this from 12,000 to 20,000.
  • Lose 25 pounds - I need to do this. Maybe I'll actually make it this year.

  • Other goals
  • Finish one large needlework project - Of my four seasonal large projects, I'm likely to finish my winter project, Liz Almond's _Save the Stitches_ blackwork sampler. There's a chance I may finish all 4, which would be an awesome accomplishment, but we'll see.
  • Finish one medium or small needlework project - I have two medium projects in the works, and two smalls. Again, I'm leaving the particulars up in the air for finishing.
  • Inventory my crafting supplies - I need to inventory what I have, and possibly cull a bit, and didn't do that this past year. Or the year before...
  • Complete one yarncrafting project - Either crochet or knit. This is a good recurring goal, in much the way the reading goal is, and I'm close to a finish on Book Lovers Wrap.

  • Habits
  • Drink at least 1.5 litre of water a day - Maybe I should start a streak for this too.
  • Continue Duolingo and Lumosity daily exercises
  • Do some form of exercise daily
  • Make sure the dishes are done daily
Here's to a successful 2024!

No comments: