A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday miscellany - 23April18

We've been getting some much-needed rain the past few days. I'm very glad for it now, though I suspect that as usual I will be grousing about it during the peak of tropical storm season!

What I've been reading... I'm on page 429 of Chesterton's Father Brown stories. That's only modest progress since last week, but it is at least a small visit. I also watched one of the BBC Father Brown stories on our local PBS affiliate, and have subsequently set my DVR to capture another.

What I've been stitching... I have the whole front half of a camel for my last Nativity panel now - it is working up fairly quickly, and I'll be starting the back half tonight.

Fumbling toward fitness... I made it by Curves every weekday again, and the habit is becoming easier to maintain. I'm also continuing my Lumosity and Duolingo streaks. I did do a little better with treadmill, clocking just over 5 miles. I decided drastic measures were in order and asked my daughter to nag me about treadmill as well. Since obviously it's worked quite well with motivating me to get by Curves!

One Little Victory It's playoff hockey time, and the Tampa Bay Lightning have advanced to the second round. Go Bolts!

No comments: