A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Epidemic from Asia?

It started in Japan, I hear, then spread to the UK and is now making the rounds over here in the States....

Sudoku, that is. The number-placing puzzle that's soaring in popularity. The stated objective is simple: Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the digits 1 through 9.

I suspect, though, that the covert objective is world domination. I first discovered Sudoku last week, when I noticed that there was a new puzzle in our local paper. Now, I love pencil puzzles, especially logic puzzles, so I was immediately hooked. Some of my friends over in the UK admit to being Sudoku addicts, so at least I'm in good company.

There are several places online to play or find puzzles, such as WebSudoku and Daily SuDoku. If you haven't tried Sudoku before, give them a try.

But be forewarned that your free time may disappear!

No comments: