A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Should we stay or should we go...

I've had the Clash song "Should I stay or should I go?" running through my head this afternoon. And really, it's been a question very much on the minds of folks around here, with Frances predicted to hit here as a category 4 storm. Preparations are going on at a pace that would do an ant colony proud. Home improvement stores are bringing in a steady supply of plywood, and some people have been buying themselves enough to build a Trojan horse....or at least a large wooden badger.

The next 24 hours will determine whether we stay or go, but either way, tonight will be spent in preparation - securing the house, packing, making liberal use of the digicam for household inventory. Rather a hassle I'm not looking forward to, but one does what one must.

Pray for all of us in the storm's path, but don't worry about me if my blog is silent for a few days. I'm sure I'll have stories to tell on my return.

No comments: