A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Monday miscellany

Things are certainly looking up here in Alternate Dementia. For starters, my A/C was fixed yesterday, so now I'm happily chillin'. It wasn't a cheap repair - both capacitors in our compressor had failed. One of them quite spectacularly, in fact. But they've been replaced, and the compressor had darned well work for a long time to come.

Another piece of good news - this week a contractor is coming out to give us an estimate for storm shutters! After years of putting it off, we're finally doing it, and will be able to ride out all but the worst storms at home. (Evacuating is such a pain...)

I managed to track down a problem in the subsection of code I'm working on - pointers are pesky little buggers. So I was able to end the workday on a good note.

To top it all off, I'm guaranteed second in the office football pool this week! And I don't even have to resort to the desperate measure of potentially having to root for the Packers.

Life is good for a Monday!

Other bloggers have started posting Monday Resolutions, which is actually a decent idea. I'll be counting on all of you to keep me honest.
Monday Resolutions - 13 Sept 2004
  • Get to Curves 3x this week
  • Finish updates to parish website
  • Help remove sections of fence from backyard

    I ran into my priest when I went to pick up DD from school, and promised him I'd get to the website this week. I certainly don't want to put myself into the position of having lied to a priest....there's probably a special circle of Hell for that.

    Speaking of which, I found a Dante's Inferno Test - determining which circle of hell you'd be going to, according to Dante. (Some people have way too much time on their hands). So just for yuks, here's what I got.


    The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!
    Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
    LevelScore
    Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Extreme
    Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)High
    Level 2 (Lustful)Low
    Level 3 (Gluttonous)High
    Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
    Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Low
    Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
    Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
    Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Low
    Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Very Low

    Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test


    Well, that's a comforting thought. Hopefully I already have a spot reserved!
  • No comments: