A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

The fine art of procrastination

Sometimes I am a horrible procrastinator. For the most part, I manage my time fairly wisely (especially when I have precious little to spare), but when it comes to doing things I really don't want to do, I get into avoidance mode.

Last night, for instance. Instead of cleaning out DD's room so the carpet cleaners can do the floor, I spent some of the evening doing up a doll group of my family for this blog's sidebar. It's been very difficult to find any of the online dollmakers that do male dolls, and those that do tend to have more teenage style hair and clothing. So it took some pretty heavy image editing on my part to get one that could pass for DH. DsD, on the other hand, was a piece of cake - standard prep doll body and dress, didn't even have to change the skintone. I am rather pleased with the result!

Although I really should have been working on DD's room....

No comments: