A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday miscellany - 17Sept18

My evening has been somewhat subpar - got a flat on the way home and discovered my car had a tire repair kit instead of the donut spare, and sadly the flat was such that neither the repair kit nor the can of Fix-A-Flat got me mobile again. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long for a tow, and hopefully my car will be back to all-fours tomorrow.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience, especially compared to folks up in the Carolinas, so I'll count my blessings even if it did throw off my evening.

What I've been reading... I finished _Kill the Farm Boy_ yesterday, and found it enjoyable. Up next is Brian McClellan's newest novella, "War Cry".

What I've been stitching... I've done about half of the over-1 on Violet Mandala that I'd hoped to accomplish this month, so it's still looking like a reasonable goal.

Fumbling toward fitness Much the same as recent weeks - I've been pretty good about getting to Curves regularly, and my Duolingo and Lumosity streaks are still going strong, but I'm still struggling with the treadmill. I had hoped to try to get back on track tonight, but the flat has put a serious dent in my motivation. Still, I know I need to do it, even if I only do a few minutes tonight.

One Little Victory DH and I spent the weekend in Atlanta for a family event, and got to spend time with an old friend while we were there.

No comments: