A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday miscellany - 13Aug2018

It's summer in Florida, with much heat and rain but blissfully no tropical activity, so I'll head straight into the update...

What I've been reading... I finished Brian McClellan's _Wrath of Empire_ late yesterday evening, so I need to decide what to read next. McClellan hasn't written the sequel to Wrath yet, so I'll probably hit one of the short story collections on my Kindle.

What I've been stitching... I finished Ink Circles "Dark Shards" on Saturday, and started Needle Delights "Rainbow 2", a small canvaswork piece that is proving a quick stitch.

Fumbling toward fitness... I'm still fumbling along. I made it by Curves 4 times last week, and treadmilled 6 out of 7 days. Not perfect, but neither complete slacking. At least my Duolingo and Lumosity streaks are intact!

One Little Victory We found a great new takeaway seafood place near us, and I foresee future visits. I especially enjoyed their shrimp and grits!

No comments: